EmPower New York provides no-cost energy efficiency solutions to income-eligible New Yorkers. Nearly 100,000 of your neighbors are saving energy and saving money with EmPower New York — without spending a dime. Whether you own your home or rent, Green Home Logic will be assigned to you to assess if your home would benefit from free energy upgrades such as:
1. Air sealing to plug leaks and reduce drafts
2. Insulation to make your home more comfortable all year round
3. Replacement of inefficient refrigerators and freezers
4. New energy-efficient lighting
5. Plus, free health and safety checks of your smoke detectors, appliances and more
Do you qualify?
Homeowners and renters must meet income requirements to qualify for EmPower New York. You may be eligible if you can answer “yes” to these statements:
- I live in a home or building with 100 units or fewer
- My household income is below 60 percent of the state median income (same eligibility as regular HEAP benefits; see the chart below to see if your income fits EmPower New York Guidelines)
- I am responsible for paying utility bills
Please print, complete, and submit the application
My contractor name is already on it. Once submitted I will reach out automatically to schedule an appointment.